Sena attributes poll results to resentment against Congress
Mumbai: BJP ally Shiv Sena on Sunday attributed saffron party`s performance in the Assembly elections in four states to "resentment of the people against Congress".
"It is a phenomenal performance by BJP. The Congress has been trounced in three out of the four states. They could not even save their government in Delhi," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut told PTI.
Calling it a failure of the "Gandhi family", he said that Congress had been wiped out in Rajasthan.
Raut also said that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s style of functioning helped him retain the power.
He also credited BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for campaigning hard for the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...