Sena attributes poll results to resentment against Congress
Mumbai: BJP ally Shiv Sena on Sunday attributed saffron party`s performance in the Assembly elections in four states to "resentment of the people against Congress".
"It is a phenomenal performance by BJP. The Congress has been trounced in three out of the four states. They could not even save their government in Delhi," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut told PTI.
Calling it a failure of the "Gandhi family", he said that Congress had been wiped out in Rajasthan.
Raut also said that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s style of functioning helped him retain the power.
He also credited BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for campaigning hard for the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!