Sena-BJP moves no-trust motion against Maharashtra Speaker
Nagpur: Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP combine on Wednesday moved a no-confidence motion against Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil.
The saffron alliance took the step after accusing the Speaker of partisan conduct in the House and not allowing Opposition members to speak.
The motion has been signed by 32 MLAs from both parties. These include Eknath Khadse (Leader of Opposition), Devendra Fadnavis (both from BJP) and Subhash Desai (Sena).
However, another Opposition party, Raj Thackeray-led MNS, did not support the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre