Sena-BJP moves no-trust motion against Maharashtra Speaker
Nagpur: Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP combine on Wednesday moved a no-confidence motion against Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil.
The saffron alliance took the step after accusing the Speaker of partisan conduct in the House and not allowing Opposition members to speak.
The motion has been signed by 32 MLAs from both parties. These include Eknath Khadse (Leader of Opposition), Devendra Fadnavis (both from BJP) and Subhash Desai (Sena).
However, another Opposition party, Raj Thackeray-led MNS, did not support the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?