Sena-BJP moves no-trust motion against Maharashtra Speaker
Nagpur: Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP combine on Wednesday moved a no-confidence motion against Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil.
The saffron alliance took the step after accusing the Speaker of partisan conduct in the House and not allowing Opposition members to speak.
The motion has been signed by 32 MLAs from both parties. These include Eknath Khadse (Leader of Opposition), Devendra Fadnavis (both from BJP) and Subhash Desai (Sena).
However, another Opposition party, Raj Thackeray-led MNS, did not support the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman