Sena-BJP-RPI to contest local bodies elections together
Nagpur: Shiv Sena and Republican Party of
India on Thursday announced that they would fight the coming
elections to the local bodies in the state together.
RPI chief Ramdas Athawale and Shiv Sena leader Sanjay
Raut said at a press conference here that there were no
ideological differences between the alliance partners.
To a question, Athawale said during the NDA regime -- of
which Sena was a member -- there was an apprehension among the
dalits that the Constitution drafted by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar
would be tampered with.
"BJP national president, Nitin Gadkari, has assured me
that there will be no change in the Constitution (if NDA comes
to power)," Athawale said.
Raut recalled Ambedkar`s association with Prabodhankar
Thackeray -- Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s father -- and said
the Sena-BJP and RPI alliance would be a great success as the
Ambedkar`s followers had realised that Congress and NCP had
been taking them for a ride all these years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!