Sena chief slams state government for neglecting Marathwada
Jalna: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray lambasted Maharashtra`s ruling Congress-NCP coalition government for its failure to tackle drought in Marathwada region, addressing a public meeting here on Sunday.
He said that ministers from the Marathwada region have no moral right to be in cabinet as they have failed to give succor to the region`s drought-hit people. He asked Jalna district`s guardian minister Rajesh Tope to resign from the cabinet for the stepmotherly treatment to Marathwada region.
Uddhav hit out Union Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his comments on "Hindu terror" and asked why Shinde did not take any action if he had proof.
He hit out at Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for the hate speech and said that the Shiv Sena would not tolerate such threats.
He demanded a waiver of farmers` debt, electricity bills and students` fees. He assured that if a Sena government came to power, he would waive off their debt and electricity bills.
"Simply clapping and making slogans are not enough. You must elect Sena in 2014 election," he told the people.
He alleged that Sharad Pawar and his party have committed irregularities in irrigation and still doing this. He said that Pawar did not visit drought-hit Marathwada.
Thackeray alleged that the Congress and the NCP fight not for the people and only for power and money. He hit out at Congress president Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for ignoring the drought situation and sanctioning meagre relief packages.
"Can Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress leader Sonia Gandhi attract such a mammoth gathering," he asked, alleging that the Congress lured money with people to attend its rallies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference