Sena doing politics over drought, alleges Rane
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister and senior Congress leader Narayan Rane on Sunday lashed out at Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray for "doing politics over the issue of water crisis and drought".
"Uddhav Thackeray should first study and then talk about the issue. No leader has done politics on drought, but Shiv Sena is doing it", Rane alleged.
The Sena leader, during his visit to Yavatmal earlier this month after a farmer committed suicide, had urged Union Agriculture Minister and NCP supremo Sharad Pawar to resign from the Union cabinet and come to the state to protect the interest of farmers reeling under drought.
"Uddhav has not worked on any social issues. They should do some good work like organising job fairs to create employment for youth rather than making such statements", Rane advised.
On the Sena leader`s earlier remark that the Maharashtra leaders rallied in New Delhi for farmers, but ignored the farmers of Maharashtra, Rane said, "Our government is there at the Centre, therefore, we can go ten times to meet the Prime Minister. That is our right".
"Uddhav only talks, nobody bothers about what he says", he rued.
Earlier this month, Uddhav visited Yavatmal district in Vidharbha region of the state where farmer - Gajanan Ghotekar committed suicide and in a note blamed the Congress and NCP for the plight of farmers.
He also appealed to the farmers not to vote for NCP and Congress.
Maharashtra government had earlier sought a financial package of Rs 2,281.37 crore and five lakh tonne foodgrain at BPL rates from the Centre to tackle the drought situation in 15 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next