Sena expresses reservation over new BJP chief`s remark
Mumbai: BJP`s oldest ally Shiv Sena today expressed reservation over that party`s new Maharashtra unit chief Devendra Fadnavis asking "all Opposition parties to unite" and advised him to concentrate on strengthening the Sena-BJP-RPI alliance instead.
"What is his definition of `all Opposition parties`? What does he plan to do?" an editorial in Sena mouthpiece Saamana questioned.
Though neither Fadnavis, nor the editorial named the Raj Thackeray-led MNS, political observers feel that the new state BJP president`s appeal for "all" opposition parties to come together to dislodge the Congress-NCP government was "loaded" enough to elicit this kind of query from Sena.
"We have friendly ties with BJP and Hindutva is the link for this friendship. If Sena-BJP-RPI plan a strategy, Congress-NCP and also other `small fry` parties would vanish," the editorial said.
BJP leader Gopinath Munde has in the past said his party would welcome an alliance between its partner Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray-led MNS.
According to some media reports, it was Munde who made the BJP leadership appoint Fadnavis as the party`s president in Maharashtra, and that the BJP ignored former president Nitin Gadkari`s suggestion to give another term to Sudhir Mungantiwar.
Fadnavis, who represents South West Nagpur in the under-developed Vidarbha region in the state assembly, will now lead the party during the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly