Sena in a fix as NCW takes note of harassment of 2 party women
Mumbai: Shiv Sena is finding itself in a tight spot, with the National Commission for Women (NCW) taking a serious note of reports about harassment of two women party corporators allegedly by its MLA and his son.
NCW member Nirmala Samant Prabhavalkar has written to Mumbai police commissioner, seeking a thorough probe and asked him to submit a report in 10 days.
"The Commission has taken cognisance of the various media reports relating to depriving of modesty, insinuation and molestation allegedly done by MLA Vinod Ghosalkar and his son (who is) the municipal councillor, which has now come in the public domain.
"It has caused tremendous mental trauma to the municipal councillors Sheetal Mhatre and Dr Shubha Raul (former mayor). It is also alleged that a local builder is also involved in the said act of molestation, Prabhavalkar said in the letter to Mumbai police chief Satyapal Singh.
"The Commission has taken a serious note of the same. You are therefore requested to conduct a thorough inquiry in this matter as per the procedure laid down under the law and submit the action taken report within 10 days," she said.
Meanwhile, Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray today indicated that Sena President and his father Uddhav Thackeray would be meeting the aggrieved women corporators to resolve the issue.
Mhatre, Sena corporator from Dahisar, had approached police after she reportedly began getting obscene calls from different numbers after her mobile number was allegedly scribbled on the walls of two public toilets in Dahisar.
Womens` organisations today held a protest in Dahisar over the incident.
Mhatre had alleged that this could be the handiwork of those whom she targeted for dumping debris in mangroves near the Dahisar creek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends