Sena in a fix as NCW takes note of harassment of 2 party women
Mumbai: Shiv Sena is finding itself in a tight spot, with the National Commission for Women (NCW) taking a serious note of reports about harassment of two women party corporators allegedly by its MLA and his son.
NCW member Nirmala Samant Prabhavalkar has written to Mumbai police commissioner, seeking a thorough probe and asked him to submit a report in 10 days.
"The Commission has taken cognisance of the various media reports relating to depriving of modesty, insinuation and molestation allegedly done by MLA Vinod Ghosalkar and his son (who is) the municipal councillor, which has now come in the public domain.
"It has caused tremendous mental trauma to the municipal councillors Sheetal Mhatre and Dr Shubha Raul (former mayor). It is also alleged that a local builder is also involved in the said act of molestation, Prabhavalkar said in the letter to Mumbai police chief Satyapal Singh.
"The Commission has taken a serious note of the same. You are therefore requested to conduct a thorough inquiry in this matter as per the procedure laid down under the law and submit the action taken report within 10 days," she said.
Meanwhile, Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray today indicated that Sena President and his father Uddhav Thackeray would be meeting the aggrieved women corporators to resolve the issue.
Mhatre, Sena corporator from Dahisar, had approached police after she reportedly began getting obscene calls from different numbers after her mobile number was allegedly scribbled on the walls of two public toilets in Dahisar.
Womens` organisations today held a protest in Dahisar over the incident.
Mhatre had alleged that this could be the handiwork of those whom she targeted for dumping debris in mangroves near the Dahisar creek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000