Sena leader demands stamp in memory of Bal Thackeray
New Delhi: A Shiv Sena member today demanded in the Rajya Sabha for the release of a postal stamp in memory of late Bal Thackeray on his birthday on 23 January.
"I, on behalf of all the people of Maharashtra as also Shiv Sena, request the government that a commemorative postal stamp may be released in the memory of Balasaheb Thackeray on his birthday, 23rd January. It will be a befitting tribute to this great leader," Shiv Sena leader Bharatkumar Raut said in his Special Mention in the Rajya Sabha.
Raut also thanked the Rajya Sabha Chairman and the House on behalf of his party MPs for the tributes paid in the Upper House on Thackeray`s death.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!