Sena leader demands stamp in memory of Bal Thackeray
New Delhi: A Shiv Sena member today demanded in the Rajya Sabha for the release of a postal stamp in memory of late Bal Thackeray on his birthday on 23 January.
"I, on behalf of all the people of Maharashtra as also Shiv Sena, request the government that a commemorative postal stamp may be released in the memory of Balasaheb Thackeray on his birthday, 23rd January. It will be a befitting tribute to this great leader," Shiv Sena leader Bharatkumar Raut said in his Special Mention in the Rajya Sabha.
Raut also thanked the Rajya Sabha Chairman and the House on behalf of his party MPs for the tributes paid in the Upper House on Thackeray`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch