Sena leader demands stamp in memory of Bal Thackeray
New Delhi: A Shiv Sena member today demanded in the Rajya Sabha for the release of a postal stamp in memory of late Bal Thackeray on his birthday on 23 January.
"I, on behalf of all the people of Maharashtra as also Shiv Sena, request the government that a commemorative postal stamp may be released in the memory of Balasaheb Thackeray on his birthday, 23rd January. It will be a befitting tribute to this great leader," Shiv Sena leader Bharatkumar Raut said in his Special Mention in the Rajya Sabha.
Raut also thanked the Rajya Sabha Chairman and the House on behalf of his party MPs for the tributes paid in the Upper House on Thackeray`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof