Sena MLA accuses former Cong minister`s son of illegal mining
Mumbai: A Shiv Sena MLA on Wednesday alleged that senior Congress leader Rohidas Patil`s son, Vinay, indulged in illegal mining of manganese ore in the coastal district of Sindhudurg and "misled" the MoEF in giving permission to the activity.
"A report submitted by (Vinay) Patil to Union Environment Ministry for acquiring permission for mining was based on false facts. Illegal mining to the tune of Rs 1,500-2,000 crore has taken place at the site in Kalne village. It is the government`s duty to unearth the truth," Sharad Patil, who represents Dhule (Rural) Assembly constituency, alleged in a press conference here.
Expressing dismay over setting up of a four-member committee by Maharashtra government last year to probe the matter, Patil said members in the committee lacked expertise on the issue.
"A member in the committee once served as a personal assistant to one of the political leaders," he said.
When contacted Rohidas Patil said, "I am not aware of any such activity. My son Vinay is out of the country right now.... I cannot comment on the allegations".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal