Sena MLA booked for threatening to "strip and thrash" woman
Mumbai: An FIR has been registered against Shiv Sena MLA Prakash Bala Sawant for allegedly threatening to "strip and thrash" a woman following an argument over a fight with regards to the redevelopment of a housing society in suburban Bandra, police said Wednesday.
"I will strip you in front of everyone and beat you up," Sawant allegedly said to the woman, as per her FIR registered against the MLA at Kherwadi police on Monday night.
"Based on complaint of the woman, who is in her 50s, the FIR has been registered against Sawant under sections 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of trust), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 509 (act intended to insult modesty of a woman) of the IPC," said Ashok Kadam, senior Inspector at the police station.
The woman and Sawant, who is the MLA from Bandra (East), have been sparring over the redevelopment of Gandhi Nagar Housing Society they reside in.
Police said there are a total of 36 Housing Board buildings in Gandhi Nagar Society and the redevelopment process has been on for several years and has led to the formation of several groups.
Both of them are committee members and are at disagreement about which builder should be selected for the redevelopment.
On Monday, the victim was walking towards her home when Sawant abused her and allegedly warned that he would strip her in front of everyone and thrash her, police said.
"We are looking for witnesses. After recording the statements of witnesses, we will decide next course of action," Kadam said.
Sawant was not immediately available for comments in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3