Sena, MNS activists come face to face
Mumbai: Activists of Shiv Sena and the rival MNS came face to face on Monday in South Mumbai creating tension in the area for a brief period.
Hundreds of activists from both the parties shouted slogans and tried to show their strength even as the police were seen trying to avoid any untoward incident.
The occasion was the inauguration of the MNS office in the LIC building by the party chief Raj Thackeray. At the same time, Shiv Sena leaders Sanjay Raut, Anant Adsul had come to meet the chairman of LIC demanding permanent jobs for some of the employees.
After the sloganeering from both sides that went on for about ten minutes, MNS leader Shirish Parkar appealed his partymen to maintain peace.
The activists immediately stopped shouting slogans and allowed Sena to finish its programme.
After meeting the LIC Chairman T Vijayan, Sena leaders addressed the party workers. Anant Adsul told them "the chairman has assured us to give permanent jobs to 6,500 temporary employees in LIC."
While Sanjay Raut claimed that Shiv Sena commanded huge support among LIC employees for the last 23 years and it is the only party fighting for the cause of Marathi.
After the Sena leaders and activists left the premises, Raj came and inaugurated the new office of Maharashtra Navnirman Janadhikar Sena. While addressing his partymen, Raj told them to ensure that only Marathi youths were recruited there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report