Sena MP`s brother arrested in theft case
Mumbai: Five Shiv Sena workers, including a
brother of Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut, were today arrested in a
case of theft and house breaking after the Bombay High court
rapped the police for not initiating any action in the matter.
They were later released on personal bond of Rs 10,000
each this evening, police said here.
In 2008, Sunil Raut, Ramesh Gavkar, Atul Keluskar,
Jitendra Joshi and Manish Redkar had allegedly barged into the
office of Gavit Fishermen Association (GFA) here.
"Sanjay Raut`s brother Sunil and four other Sena workers
had broke open the under-renovation office and ransacked it.
They even took away the belongings of the association," Senior
Inspector Rajkumar Wakale at Kanjurmarg police station said.
"The reason behind this attack appears to be political,"
he said adding the five have been released on personal bond of
Rs 10,000 each this evening.
As no action was initiated against the accused, GFA
president Sakaram Maladkar had approached Bombay High court
which pulled up the police recently and ordered to take action
in pursuance to the FIR. Later, the five were held today.
Last year, Sunil and 19 Sena workers were arrested in
connection with the attack on the office of a Marathi news
channel here accusing it of airing reports portraying party
chief Bal Thackeray in poor light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India