Sena MP`s brother arrested in theft case
Mumbai: Five Shiv Sena workers, including a
brother of Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut, were today arrested in a
case of theft and house breaking after the Bombay High court
rapped the police for not initiating any action in the matter.
They were later released on personal bond of Rs 10,000
each this evening, police said here.
In 2008, Sunil Raut, Ramesh Gavkar, Atul Keluskar,
Jitendra Joshi and Manish Redkar had allegedly barged into the
office of Gavit Fishermen Association (GFA) here.
"Sanjay Raut`s brother Sunil and four other Sena workers
had broke open the under-renovation office and ransacked it.
They even took away the belongings of the association," Senior
Inspector Rajkumar Wakale at Kanjurmarg police station said.
"The reason behind this attack appears to be political,"
he said adding the five have been released on personal bond of
Rs 10,000 each this evening.
As no action was initiated against the accused, GFA
president Sakaram Maladkar had approached Bombay High court
which pulled up the police recently and ordered to take action
in pursuance to the FIR. Later, the five were held today.
Last year, Sunil and 19 Sena workers were arrested in
connection with the attack on the office of a Marathi news
channel here accusing it of airing reports portraying party
chief Bal Thackeray in poor light.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why