Sena MPs, legislators give month`s salary for drought relief
Mumbai: Shiv Sena`s elected public representatives, including MPs, legislators, have decided to contribute their one month`s salary towards drought relief work in the state.
This was announced by the Sena group leader in Legislative Assembly, Subhash Desai, who said the funds so collected would be part of the "Shiv Sena relief fund" and would be used to launch programmes like cattle camps in the affected areas.
The initiative would be launched by Sena president Uddhav Thackeray in Marathwada shortly, Desai said.
Republican Party of India leader Ramdas Athawale today met chief minister and announced he was contributing his month`s allowances as a former MP and ex-legislator, towards drought relief work.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena corporators in Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) also donated their month`s salary in the Shiv Sena`s drought relief fund.
Mayor Sunil Prabhu, alongwith 71 other corporators, have decided to donate their month`s salary, a BMC official said adding that the Leader of the House in the civic body Yashodhar Phanse had moved a proposal in this regard, which was accepted by Prabhu.
BJP legislators had also recently decided to contribute their one month`s salary towards drought relief work in the state.
This year`s drought in Maharashtra is worse than the one the state had experienced in 1972, because water shortage is acute in many parts.
Home Minister R R Patil and Textiles and Minorities minister Mohammed Arif Naseem Khan have donated their one month`s salary for the drought relief.
The state gazetted officers` association has decided to give two days salary for the drought-hit. Cash-rich temple trusts like the Shirdi Sai Sansthan and the Siddhivinayak temple trust have also announced their contribution towards the drought relief work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now