Sena objects to reports of BJP fielding candidate in Sangli
Mumbai: Shiv Sena took strong objection on Monday, to reports that the BJP has decided to field its candidate against Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil from Tasgaon-Kavtemahankal in Sangli district.
In a statement, Shiv Sena leader Diwakar Raote and co-ordinator for Western Maharashtra said that there have been reports that the BJP is planning to field Ajit Ghorpade in Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal.
He said that the constituency is with Shiv Sena as per the Sena-BJP seat sharing arrangement.
"So far, there have been no discussions on seat sharing for the Maharashtra assembly elections scheduled later this year," he said.
In Sangli district, it is the Shiv Sena which usually contests from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, Islampur, Shirala, Khanapur Atpadi and Palus Koregaon, he said.
If the BJP wanted to contest from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, the Shiv Sena would agree in return for the Meeraj assembly seat, he said, adding, "Or else the Shiv Sena will contest from Tasgaon to defeat R R Patil".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city