Sena objects to reports of BJP fielding candidate in Sangli
Mumbai: Shiv Sena took strong objection on Monday, to reports that the BJP has decided to field its candidate against Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil from Tasgaon-Kavtemahankal in Sangli district.
In a statement, Shiv Sena leader Diwakar Raote and co-ordinator for Western Maharashtra said that there have been reports that the BJP is planning to field Ajit Ghorpade in Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal.
He said that the constituency is with Shiv Sena as per the Sena-BJP seat sharing arrangement.
"So far, there have been no discussions on seat sharing for the Maharashtra assembly elections scheduled later this year," he said.
In Sangli district, it is the Shiv Sena which usually contests from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, Islampur, Shirala, Khanapur Atpadi and Palus Koregaon, he said.
If the BJP wanted to contest from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, the Shiv Sena would agree in return for the Meeraj assembly seat, he said, adding, "Or else the Shiv Sena will contest from Tasgaon to defeat R R Patil".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother