Sena objects to reports of BJP fielding candidate in Sangli
Mumbai: Shiv Sena took strong objection on Monday, to reports that the BJP has decided to field its candidate against Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil from Tasgaon-Kavtemahankal in Sangli district.
In a statement, Shiv Sena leader Diwakar Raote and co-ordinator for Western Maharashtra said that there have been reports that the BJP is planning to field Ajit Ghorpade in Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal.
He said that the constituency is with Shiv Sena as per the Sena-BJP seat sharing arrangement.
"So far, there have been no discussions on seat sharing for the Maharashtra assembly elections scheduled later this year," he said.
In Sangli district, it is the Shiv Sena which usually contests from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, Islampur, Shirala, Khanapur Atpadi and Palus Koregaon, he said.
If the BJP wanted to contest from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, the Shiv Sena would agree in return for the Meeraj assembly seat, he said, adding, "Or else the Shiv Sena will contest from Tasgaon to defeat R R Patil".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India