Sena objects to reports of BJP fielding candidate in Sangli
Mumbai: Shiv Sena took strong objection on Monday, to reports that the BJP has decided to field its candidate against Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil from Tasgaon-Kavtemahankal in Sangli district.
In a statement, Shiv Sena leader Diwakar Raote and co-ordinator for Western Maharashtra said that there have been reports that the BJP is planning to field Ajit Ghorpade in Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal.
He said that the constituency is with Shiv Sena as per the Sena-BJP seat sharing arrangement.
"So far, there have been no discussions on seat sharing for the Maharashtra assembly elections scheduled later this year," he said.
In Sangli district, it is the Shiv Sena which usually contests from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, Islampur, Shirala, Khanapur Atpadi and Palus Koregaon, he said.
If the BJP wanted to contest from Tasgaon-Kavthemahankal, the Shiv Sena would agree in return for the Meeraj assembly seat, he said, adding, "Or else the Shiv Sena will contest from Tasgaon to defeat R R Patil".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie