Sena ropes in Marathi actor to campaign in Osmanabad GP polls
Osmanabad: Noted Marathi small screen actor
Adesh Bandekar, who is campaigning for Shiv Sena candidates in
grampanchayat elections here, today said it is need of the
hour that estranged cousins Uddhav and Raj Thackeray come
"It is need of the hour that Uddhav and Raj Thackeray
come together," he said.
"I came to Osmanabad for campaigning on the order of Shiv
Sena supremo Bal Thackeray," the actor said.
The objective of his campaign to reach rural people on
party`s behalf, Bandhekar said.
The actor admitted that Sena`s demands regarding the
Marathi Film industry received widespread results.
He said now Marathi film producers are clearing the due
payments of the actors and it is easy to see Marathi films
in Multiplexes at reasonable charges.
The actor has been touring the district from Saturday.
A total of 420 Grampanchayats are going for polls on September
Bandhekar held a rally on Saturday in Pohner and
Sanja village of Osmanabad tehsil with Sena leader Vijay Kadam
, MLA Om Raje Nimbalkar and party`s district vice president
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened