Sena says no to construction on Mumbai race course
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said in Mumbai on Sunday that his party would not allow construction on Mahalaxmi Race Course grounds.
"We are not going to allow construction on open ground," Uddhav said at an event organised by Yuva Sena, the Sena`s youth wing, where the governor was also present.
The 99-year-old lease of the Mahalaxmi Race Course ended on May 31. Shiv Sena which rules the BMC is opposed to the renewal of the lease.
"For the last 99 years, horses ran here. Now the ground must be open to Mumbaikars," Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days