Sena says no to construction on Mumbai race course
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said in Mumbai on Sunday that his party would not allow construction on Mahalaxmi Race Course grounds.
"We are not going to allow construction on open ground," Uddhav said at an event organised by Yuva Sena, the Sena`s youth wing, where the governor was also present.
The 99-year-old lease of the Mahalaxmi Race Course ended on May 31. Shiv Sena which rules the BMC is opposed to the renewal of the lease.
"For the last 99 years, horses ran here. Now the ground must be open to Mumbaikars," Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs