Sena should have forgiven girls for FB post: Sanjay Nirupam
Vadodara: Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam Tuesday said Shiv Sena should have forgiven the two girls for posting a `Facebook` comment questioning the shutdown of Mumbai for Bal Thackeray`s funeral on Sunday.
"Police took action against the girls after a complaint lodged by a Sena leader from Palghar in Thane district. I think Shiv Sena should have forgiven the girls (for the post) in view of their age," Nirupam told reporters here.
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown. However, they were granted bail after they furnished personal bonds.
Nirupam, an MP from Mumbai, was in the city to address the party`s election rally.
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind