Sena should have forgiven girls for FB post: Sanjay Nirupam
Vadodara: Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam Tuesday said Shiv Sena should have forgiven the two girls for posting a `Facebook` comment questioning the shutdown of Mumbai for Bal Thackeray`s funeral on Sunday.
"Police took action against the girls after a complaint lodged by a Sena leader from Palghar in Thane district. I think Shiv Sena should have forgiven the girls (for the post) in view of their age," Nirupam told reporters here.
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown. However, they were granted bail after they furnished personal bonds.
Nirupam, an MP from Mumbai, was in the city to address the party`s election rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet