Sena wants MPSC`s home science, mgt papers in Marathi
Mumbai: Taking forward its agenda to promote Marathi, Shiv Sena has demanded that question papers for home science and management subjects in Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) examination be set in the state language instead of English.
"The MPSC`s sudden decision to conduct the exam in English for home science and management topics would prevent many vernacular students from appearing in it," Sena group leader in the State Assembly Subhash Desai said yesterday.
The Constitution accords priority to use of the state languages. Hence, MPSC should reconsider its decision, he said.
"The students started preparation for the exam five years back and the decision was suddenly taken this year. It is not possible for the students to choose a new topic at the last moment and career of hundreds of the students is at stake."
The Sena leader said he met the MPSC President with a request to reconsider the decision. The commission chief assured to issue an order about conducting the exam in Marathi, Desai said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India