Sena wants MPSC`s home science, mgt papers in Marathi
Mumbai: Taking forward its agenda to promote Marathi, Shiv Sena has demanded that question papers for home science and management subjects in Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) examination be set in the state language instead of English.
"The MPSC`s sudden decision to conduct the exam in English for home science and management topics would prevent many vernacular students from appearing in it," Sena group leader in the State Assembly Subhash Desai said yesterday.
The Constitution accords priority to use of the state languages. Hence, MPSC should reconsider its decision, he said.
"The students started preparation for the exam five years back and the decision was suddenly taken this year. It is not possible for the students to choose a new topic at the last moment and career of hundreds of the students is at stake."
The Sena leader said he met the MPSC President with a request to reconsider the decision. The commission chief assured to issue an order about conducting the exam in Marathi, Desai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today