Sena warns banks to write names in Marathi
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote today
warned all the banks in the state to write their sign boards
in Marathi within a month else his party would protest.
Raote was speaking at the Maharashtra Legislative Council
in a debate on the Marathi division established by the State
"The names of all the banks should be written in Marathi
within a month. Their names should also be translated in to
Marathi else Sena would protest against it," Raote told the
He also asked the Government to write Maharashtra State
Cooperative Bank`s board in Marathi, since it is a state owned
The Sena leader also wanted that forms issued by MHADA, a
housing authority, to be available in Marathi.
BJP MLC Vinod Tawade pointed out that the State
Government has made a provision of only Rs 10 crore for the
separate Marathi division while Karnataka Government has
yearly provision of Rs 525 crore for Kannada language and
Kerala has a budget provision of Rs 350 crore for Malayalam.
"It is very disappointing that there is no uniformity in
Marathi computer fonts and the Government never took
initiatives," Tawade said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez