Sena warns banks to write names in Marathi
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote today
warned all the banks in the state to write their sign boards
in Marathi within a month else his party would protest.
Raote was speaking at the Maharashtra Legislative Council
in a debate on the Marathi division established by the State
"The names of all the banks should be written in Marathi
within a month. Their names should also be translated in to
Marathi else Sena would protest against it," Raote told the
He also asked the Government to write Maharashtra State
Cooperative Bank`s board in Marathi, since it is a state owned
The Sena leader also wanted that forms issued by MHADA, a
housing authority, to be available in Marathi.
BJP MLC Vinod Tawade pointed out that the State
Government has made a provision of only Rs 10 crore for the
separate Marathi division while Karnataka Government has
yearly provision of Rs 525 crore for Kannada language and
Kerala has a budget provision of Rs 350 crore for Malayalam.
"It is very disappointing that there is no uniformity in
Marathi computer fonts and the Government never took
initiatives," Tawade said.
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen