Sena warns banks to write names in Marathi
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote today
warned all the banks in the state to write their sign boards
in Marathi within a month else his party would protest.
Raote was speaking at the Maharashtra Legislative Council
in a debate on the Marathi division established by the State
"The names of all the banks should be written in Marathi
within a month. Their names should also be translated in to
Marathi else Sena would protest against it," Raote told the
He also asked the Government to write Maharashtra State
Cooperative Bank`s board in Marathi, since it is a state owned
The Sena leader also wanted that forms issued by MHADA, a
housing authority, to be available in Marathi.
BJP MLC Vinod Tawade pointed out that the State
Government has made a provision of only Rs 10 crore for the
separate Marathi division while Karnataka Government has
yearly provision of Rs 525 crore for Kannada language and
Kerala has a budget provision of Rs 350 crore for Malayalam.
"It is very disappointing that there is no uniformity in
Marathi computer fonts and the Government never took
initiatives," Tawade said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today