Sena warns banks to write names in Marathi
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote today
warned all the banks in the state to write their sign boards
in Marathi within a month else his party would protest.
Raote was speaking at the Maharashtra Legislative Council
in a debate on the Marathi division established by the State
"The names of all the banks should be written in Marathi
within a month. Their names should also be translated in to
Marathi else Sena would protest against it," Raote told the
He also asked the Government to write Maharashtra State
Cooperative Bank`s board in Marathi, since it is a state owned
The Sena leader also wanted that forms issued by MHADA, a
housing authority, to be available in Marathi.
BJP MLC Vinod Tawade pointed out that the State
Government has made a provision of only Rs 10 crore for the
separate Marathi division while Karnataka Government has
yearly provision of Rs 525 crore for Kannada language and
Kerala has a budget provision of Rs 350 crore for Malayalam.
"It is very disappointing that there is no uniformity in
Marathi computer fonts and the Government never took
initiatives," Tawade said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA