Sena warns banks to write names in Marathi
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote today
warned all the banks in the state to write their sign boards
in Marathi within a month else his party would protest.
Raote was speaking at the Maharashtra Legislative Council
in a debate on the Marathi division established by the State
"The names of all the banks should be written in Marathi
within a month. Their names should also be translated in to
Marathi else Sena would protest against it," Raote told the
He also asked the Government to write Maharashtra State
Cooperative Bank`s board in Marathi, since it is a state owned
The Sena leader also wanted that forms issued by MHADA, a
housing authority, to be available in Marathi.
BJP MLC Vinod Tawade pointed out that the State
Government has made a provision of only Rs 10 crore for the
separate Marathi division while Karnataka Government has
yearly provision of Rs 525 crore for Kannada language and
Kerala has a budget provision of Rs 350 crore for Malayalam.
"It is very disappointing that there is no uniformity in
Marathi computer fonts and the Government never took
initiatives," Tawade said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman