Separate norms needed for slum rehab in Mumbai: Chavan
Thane: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said that separate norms are needed for Slum Rehabilitation Scheme in the state in general and for Mumbai and surrounding areas in particular.
Chavan was addressing a meeting to hand over tenements for more than 300 beneficiaries at Dombivili of Kalyan-Dombivili civic limits on Tuesday.
Taking stock of the work done since he took over, Chavan said his government was making every attempt to make the state free of slums and efforts from all will go a long way in achieving this target.
He also said the condition in Maharashtra and other states differed and hence the Centre should have different norms for the state when it comes to planning such programmes.
The CM said that the cost of land and construction is different in Mumbai which should also be considered while planning ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'