Separate norms needed for slum rehab in Mumbai: Chavan
Thane: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said that separate norms are needed for Slum Rehabilitation Scheme in the state in general and for Mumbai and surrounding areas in particular.
Chavan was addressing a meeting to hand over tenements for more than 300 beneficiaries at Dombivili of Kalyan-Dombivili civic limits on Tuesday.
Taking stock of the work done since he took over, Chavan said his government was making every attempt to make the state free of slums and efforts from all will go a long way in achieving this target.
He also said the condition in Maharashtra and other states differed and hence the Centre should have different norms for the state when it comes to planning such programmes.
The CM said that the cost of land and construction is different in Mumbai which should also be considered while planning ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid