Separate norms needed for slum rehab in Mumbai: Chavan
Thane: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said that separate norms are needed for Slum Rehabilitation Scheme in the state in general and for Mumbai and surrounding areas in particular.
Chavan was addressing a meeting to hand over tenements for more than 300 beneficiaries at Dombivili of Kalyan-Dombivili civic limits on Tuesday.
Taking stock of the work done since he took over, Chavan said his government was making every attempt to make the state free of slums and efforts from all will go a long way in achieving this target.
He also said the condition in Maharashtra and other states differed and hence the Centre should have different norms for the state when it comes to planning such programmes.
The CM said that the cost of land and construction is different in Mumbai which should also be considered while planning ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- After Ajmal Kasab, another terrorist captured alive in J&K's Udhampur; 3 hostages rescued