Separate Vidarbha not an emotional issue: Maha BJP chief
Jalgaon (Maha): Strongly voicing his party`s
stand on separate Vidarbha, newly appointed Maharashtra BJP
president Sudhir Mungantiwar today said it is not an emotional
issue but a move to help the weaker section in the state.
"Creation of Vidarbha is neither an emotional issue nor
about dividing Maharashtra but to help weaker sections of the
society," Mungantiwar said on the second day of the state
party unit convention here.
Defending the party`s demand on Vidarbha, Mungantiwar
said BJP backs separate Vidarbha because it is in favour of
smaller states right from the time of Jan Sangh founder late
Shyama Prasad Mookerjee.
Ridiculing the recent controversy over actor Amitabh
Bachchan sharing dais with Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, he
said, "it is good that Bachchan didn`t win elections to enter
the Assembly, else the chief minister would not have taken
part in the House proceedings."
"Congress objects to Bachchan becoming ambassador for
Gujarat, the state of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel. But on
the other hand you protect Shah Rukh Khan`s film, who cares
about absence of Pakistani players in IPL cricket teams," he
On alliance between Shiv Sena and BJP, Mungantiwar said
the differences of opinion on the issues like Vidarbha, will
not break the ties.
Terming the ruling Congress and NCP as "arrogant", the
BJP state president said," after winning the elections for the
third time in a row, Congress and NCP have become arrogant."
He also thanked party leaders and members for giving him
an opportunity to become the state unit president and said
such ascension from the ranks is only possible in BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?