Separate Vidarbha not an emotional issue: Maha BJP chief
Jalgaon (Maha): Strongly voicing his party`s
stand on separate Vidarbha, newly appointed Maharashtra BJP
president Sudhir Mungantiwar today said it is not an emotional
issue but a move to help the weaker section in the state.
"Creation of Vidarbha is neither an emotional issue nor
about dividing Maharashtra but to help weaker sections of the
society," Mungantiwar said on the second day of the state
party unit convention here.
Defending the party`s demand on Vidarbha, Mungantiwar
said BJP backs separate Vidarbha because it is in favour of
smaller states right from the time of Jan Sangh founder late
Shyama Prasad Mookerjee.
Ridiculing the recent controversy over actor Amitabh
Bachchan sharing dais with Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, he
said, "it is good that Bachchan didn`t win elections to enter
the Assembly, else the chief minister would not have taken
part in the House proceedings."
"Congress objects to Bachchan becoming ambassador for
Gujarat, the state of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel. But on
the other hand you protect Shah Rukh Khan`s film, who cares
about absence of Pakistani players in IPL cricket teams," he
On alliance between Shiv Sena and BJP, Mungantiwar said
the differences of opinion on the issues like Vidarbha, will
not break the ties.
Terming the ruling Congress and NCP as "arrogant", the
BJP state president said," after winning the elections for the
third time in a row, Congress and NCP have become arrogant."
He also thanked party leaders and members for giving him
an opportunity to become the state unit president and said
such ascension from the ranks is only possible in BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional