Separate Vidarbha not an emotional issue: Maha BJP chief
Jalgaon (Maha): Strongly voicing his party`s
stand on separate Vidarbha, newly appointed Maharashtra BJP
president Sudhir Mungantiwar today said it is not an emotional
issue but a move to help the weaker section in the state.
"Creation of Vidarbha is neither an emotional issue nor
about dividing Maharashtra but to help weaker sections of the
society," Mungantiwar said on the second day of the state
party unit convention here.
Defending the party`s demand on Vidarbha, Mungantiwar
said BJP backs separate Vidarbha because it is in favour of
smaller states right from the time of Jan Sangh founder late
Shyama Prasad Mookerjee.
Ridiculing the recent controversy over actor Amitabh
Bachchan sharing dais with Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, he
said, "it is good that Bachchan didn`t win elections to enter
the Assembly, else the chief minister would not have taken
part in the House proceedings."
"Congress objects to Bachchan becoming ambassador for
Gujarat, the state of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel. But on
the other hand you protect Shah Rukh Khan`s film, who cares
about absence of Pakistani players in IPL cricket teams," he
On alliance between Shiv Sena and BJP, Mungantiwar said
the differences of opinion on the issues like Vidarbha, will
not break the ties.
Terming the ruling Congress and NCP as "arrogant", the
BJP state president said," after winning the elections for the
third time in a row, Congress and NCP have become arrogant."
He also thanked party leaders and members for giving him
an opportunity to become the state unit president and said
such ascension from the ranks is only possible in BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price