Sessions court refuses bail to IPS officer Saji Mohan
Mumbai: The sessions court here on Saturday
rejected the bail application of IPS officer Saji Mohan, who
is in custody in connection with a drug-dealing case.
Mohan had sought bail saying that the chargesheet had
already been filed in the case and he would not abscond.
However, the prosecution contended that he might tamper
with the evidence as he was a high-ranking police officer.
His lawyer, Balkrishnan said he would file an appeal in
the High Court.
Mohan, a former zonal director of the Narcotics Control
Bureau (NCB) in Chandigarh, was arrested on January 25, 2009
for allegedly being in possession of 12 kg of heroin.
Police`s case is that Mohan stole the drugs from
contraband seized by his department and he was supplying them
to drug dealers in Mumbai through another accused Vicky
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday