Sessions court refuses bail to IPS officer Saji Mohan
Mumbai: The sessions court here on Saturday
rejected the bail application of IPS officer Saji Mohan, who
is in custody in connection with a drug-dealing case.
Mohan had sought bail saying that the chargesheet had
already been filed in the case and he would not abscond.
However, the prosecution contended that he might tamper
with the evidence as he was a high-ranking police officer.
His lawyer, Balkrishnan said he would file an appeal in
the High Court.
Mohan, a former zonal director of the Narcotics Control
Bureau (NCB) in Chandigarh, was arrested on January 25, 2009
for allegedly being in possession of 12 kg of heroin.
Police`s case is that Mohan stole the drugs from
contraband seized by his department and he was supplying them
to drug dealers in Mumbai through another accused Vicky
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?