Sessions court refuses bail to IPS officer Saji Mohan
Mumbai: The sessions court here on Saturday
rejected the bail application of IPS officer Saji Mohan, who
is in custody in connection with a drug-dealing case.
Mohan had sought bail saying that the chargesheet had
already been filed in the case and he would not abscond.
However, the prosecution contended that he might tamper
with the evidence as he was a high-ranking police officer.
His lawyer, Balkrishnan said he would file an appeal in
the High Court.
Mohan, a former zonal director of the Narcotics Control
Bureau (NCB) in Chandigarh, was arrested on January 25, 2009
for allegedly being in possession of 12 kg of heroin.
Police`s case is that Mohan stole the drugs from
contraband seized by his department and he was supplying them
to drug dealers in Mumbai through another accused Vicky
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan