Sessions court refuses bail to IPS officer Saji Mohan
Mumbai: The sessions court here on Saturday
rejected the bail application of IPS officer Saji Mohan, who
is in custody in connection with a drug-dealing case.
Mohan had sought bail saying that the chargesheet had
already been filed in the case and he would not abscond.
However, the prosecution contended that he might tamper
with the evidence as he was a high-ranking police officer.
His lawyer, Balkrishnan said he would file an appeal in
the High Court.
Mohan, a former zonal director of the Narcotics Control
Bureau (NCB) in Chandigarh, was arrested on January 25, 2009
for allegedly being in possession of 12 kg of heroin.
Police`s case is that Mohan stole the drugs from
contraband seized by his department and he was supplying them
to drug dealers in Mumbai through another accused Vicky
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer