Set up independent development authority for Thane: Ajit
Thane: Former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar has underlined the need for setting up an independent development authority for Thane district on the lines of those existing in Mumbai and Pune.
Mumbai and Pune have their own regional development agencies MMRDA and PMRDA, respectively, and Thane, including Navi Mumbai, should also have such a body for planned and integrated growth of the district, the senior NCP leader said.
Speaking at a function in Mhape, Navi Mumbai after launching a road work yesterday, Pawar said he would soon meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and discuss the issue.
He said MMRDA, which covers parts of Thane, has been doing a good work in Mumbai and its suburbs. Hence, its jurisdiction should be restricted to Mumbai alone and Thane should have an independent development agency, he said.
He took a dig at social activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal, saying in a democracy everyone has a right to express his or her views but that does not mean that there is only corruption in the country. Some good things are also taking place, which are being ignored.
Pawar said the recent local body election results show that people still have faith in the ruling Congress-NCP combine in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof