Setback to Munde as NCP wrests seats in gram panchayat
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, under whose leadership BJP has decided to fight the upcoming elections in Maharashtra, received a setback as NCP bagged all seven seats in the gram panchayat polls in his native village Nathra in Beed district.
The NCP campaign was led by Munde`s estranged nephew Dhananjay, who is still a BJP MLC. The polls were held on Sunday.
Dhananjay, whose father Panditrao has joined NCP, attributed the election victory to the development work done by him in the area in last 15 years and by his father in last 40 years.
The prominent OBC face of the BJP, Munde, born in Nathra in 1949, has to face the ignominy of seeing all candidates propped by him losing the elections, after controlling the gram panchayat all these years.
His daughter Pankaja, a BJP MLA from Parli, said the loss in Nathra was on account of "emotional issues", adding that BJP candidates had won in almost 90 per cent places in constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical