Setback to Munde as NCP wrests seats in gram panchayat
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, under whose leadership BJP has decided to fight the upcoming elections in Maharashtra, received a setback as NCP bagged all seven seats in the gram panchayat polls in his native village Nathra in Beed district.
The NCP campaign was led by Munde`s estranged nephew Dhananjay, who is still a BJP MLC. The polls were held on Sunday.
Dhananjay, whose father Panditrao has joined NCP, attributed the election victory to the development work done by him in the area in last 15 years and by his father in last 40 years.
The prominent OBC face of the BJP, Munde, born in Nathra in 1949, has to face the ignominy of seeing all candidates propped by him losing the elections, after controlling the gram panchayat all these years.
His daughter Pankaja, a BJP MLA from Parli, said the loss in Nathra was on account of "emotional issues", adding that BJP candidates had won in almost 90 per cent places in constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what