`Setu` service in Nashik goes online
Nashik: With a view to curbing many malpractices and benefiting the common man, Revenue Department`s one-window office called `Setu`, has gone online from Monday.
"We were facing many hurdles like the shortage of stamp-papers and harassment of agents, during the distribution of certificates to students for their admission in educational institutions.
Therefore, the government has started an online service on an experimental basis," Divisional Revenue Commissioner Jayant Gaikwad said.
According to the official, the online system will bring in transparency and benefit students, as they would not have to come to all the way to Setu office. They can log on to www.nashiksetuonline.com and get the information.
Through the online service, details like number of ration cards, ration shops, kerosene quota, among others, will be available at a click.
The online system will also curb the menace of bogus ration cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH