`Setu` service in Nashik goes online
Nashik: With a view to curbing many malpractices and benefiting the common man, Revenue Department`s one-window office called `Setu`, has gone online from Monday.
"We were facing many hurdles like the shortage of stamp-papers and harassment of agents, during the distribution of certificates to students for their admission in educational institutions.
Therefore, the government has started an online service on an experimental basis," Divisional Revenue Commissioner Jayant Gaikwad said.
According to the official, the online system will bring in transparency and benefit students, as they would not have to come to all the way to Setu office. They can log on to www.nashiksetuonline.com and get the information.
Through the online service, details like number of ration cards, ration shops, kerosene quota, among others, will be available at a click.
The online system will also curb the menace of bogus ration cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price