Seven acquitted in Chhota Rajan aide shootout case
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court on Monday
acquitted seven persons arrested for allegedly shooting dead a
murder accused and close aide of gangster Chhota Rajan outside
the Sewri sessions court in 2006.
The seven accused - T B Raja, Khilani Singh, Ganesh
Ambore, Subu Devendra, Meenakshi Thakur, Naresh Singh Thakur
and Imran Qureshi - were acquitted due to lack of evidence and
the prosecution`s failure to prove the case.
The case dates back to June 29, 2006 when four persons in
a car shot at the victim Krishna Devendra, who had come to
court for a hearing in a case of murder registered against
According to the prosecution, the murder was ordered by
Raja who had a dispute with the victim related to a cable
The prosecution examined 35 witnesses against the accused
but there was not a single eye witness.
Special MCOCA Judge R G Awachat, while acquitting the
seven, observed that the prosecution has failed to provide
evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!