Seven acquitted in Chhota Rajan aide shootout case
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court on Monday
acquitted seven persons arrested for allegedly shooting dead a
murder accused and close aide of gangster Chhota Rajan outside
the Sewri sessions court in 2006.
The seven accused - T B Raja, Khilani Singh, Ganesh
Ambore, Subu Devendra, Meenakshi Thakur, Naresh Singh Thakur
and Imran Qureshi - were acquitted due to lack of evidence and
the prosecution`s failure to prove the case.
The case dates back to June 29, 2006 when four persons in
a car shot at the victim Krishna Devendra, who had come to
court for a hearing in a case of murder registered against
According to the prosecution, the murder was ordered by
Raja who had a dispute with the victim related to a cable
The prosecution examined 35 witnesses against the accused
but there was not a single eye witness.
Special MCOCA Judge R G Awachat, while acquitting the
seven, observed that the prosecution has failed to provide
evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love