Seven Congress corporators join Shiv Sena
Thane/Mumbai: In a jolt to the ruling Congress in Maharashtra, seven party corporators from Thane city joined the Shiv Sena Saturday.
The corporators were led by Ravindra Phatak, the party strongman in the city and a staunch supporter of Industry Minister Narayan Rane.
Welcoming them to the party fold, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said: "We have not tried to break the (Congress) party in Thane, they have come on their own."
"Now, he needs to exercise restraint and join a party where he can get some peace," Thackeray said referring to Rane.
Thackeray, however, added that he did not want to "spoil" his mouth by uttering his (Rane`s) name.
Unfazed by the development, Rane said: "Anybody is free to go to any party".
Thane legislator and Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde criticised Rane, alleging that the minister has "lost his mental balance".
Besides Phatak and his wife, others who joined the Shiv Sena Saturday are Deepak Vatkar, Raja Gawari, Kanchan Chindkar, Manpreet Kaur and Minal Sankhe.
Rane has already announced that he would quit as minister Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested