Seven dacoits arrested in Nashik
Nashik: Seven dacoits of a gang were arrested while they were attempting to loot a bungalow on Yeola-Manmad road in the district, police said.
While the dacoits were trying to enter the bungalow of former MLA Marotrao Pawar`s nephew Machhindra Pawar, a youth raised an alarm and alerted the police.
Though the dacoits managed to run away from there, the police, with the help of some youths, managed to nab the seven culprits from a `dhaba` (eatery) nearby.
The accused have been remanded to seven-day judicial custody, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users