Seven dead in two road mishaps in Maharashtra
Thane: At least seven persons were killed and three injured in separate road accidents on the Mumbai-Agra-Ahmedabad highway here, police said on Thursday.
Both the mishaps took place yesterday and locals staged a `rasta roko` in protest, disrupting traffic for hours, they said.
In the first incident, a dumper carrying gravel overturned and fell on an autorickshaw, crushing three persons including the driver to death on the spot at Khadavali village of Sahapur taluka, resulting in the road blockade.
According to villagers there have been frequent accidents on the same spot and demanded better traffic management and safety measures there.
The deceased were identified as Prakash Sakharam Faphe (35) his cousnin Ramesh Goapl Faphe (40) and driver Kisan Singh. The fourth person who was seriously injured succumbed in the hospital this morning but could not be identified, police said.
In the second accident which took place late in the evening at Dhundhalwadi of Talasari, three persons lost their lives, police said.
All were occupants of a SUV which overturned near the Jain temple, after the tyres burst, they said.
Three other injured were treated at the Haria hospital at Vapi.
The deceased included Rashmi Lad (35), Hasmukh Mistry (40) and Dhansukh Mistry (50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands