Seven dead in two road mishaps in Maharashtra
Thane: At least seven persons were killed and three injured in separate road accidents on the Mumbai-Agra-Ahmedabad highway here, police said on Thursday.
Both the mishaps took place yesterday and locals staged a `rasta roko` in protest, disrupting traffic for hours, they said.
In the first incident, a dumper carrying gravel overturned and fell on an autorickshaw, crushing three persons including the driver to death on the spot at Khadavali village of Sahapur taluka, resulting in the road blockade.
According to villagers there have been frequent accidents on the same spot and demanded better traffic management and safety measures there.
The deceased were identified as Prakash Sakharam Faphe (35) his cousnin Ramesh Goapl Faphe (40) and driver Kisan Singh. The fourth person who was seriously injured succumbed in the hospital this morning but could not be identified, police said.
In the second accident which took place late in the evening at Dhundhalwadi of Talasari, three persons lost their lives, police said.
All were occupants of a SUV which overturned near the Jain temple, after the tyres burst, they said.
Three other injured were treated at the Haria hospital at Vapi.
The deceased included Rashmi Lad (35), Hasmukh Mistry (40) and Dhansukh Mistry (50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!