Seven get life term for double murder
Double murder: A local court has awarded life imprisonment to seven persons for murdering two brothers during a robbery at their business establishment here in 2008.
District and Additional Sessions Court Judge V P Ingle yesterday held the accused guilty and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on them.
According to prosecution, the gang of seven persons shot dead Shyamsunder Lakhotia (40) and his brother Sushil (37) on May 8, 2008, at their office located on posh Central Avenue Road in eastern part of the city.
Shailesh, another brother of the deceased, survived the attack with a bullet injury.
In all 23 witnesses were examined by the prosecution.
The accused Amit Varma (24), Sunil Sharma (32), Nanbabu Moura (35), Shambhu Rayakwar (27), Amit Shukla (24), Yogendra Yadav (24)--all from Chitrakoot in Uttar Pradesh-- along with their local accomplice Rakesh Kushwaha (26), had swooped on Lakhotia`s business premises on a tip-off that the brothers had kept Rs 1.50 crore in locker. However, they could lay hands only on Rs 50,000.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket