Seven held for attacking woman police officer
Thane: Seven persons were on Monday arrested for allegedly beating up a woman police officer at Virar police station in the district.
Assistant Police Inspector P B Muthe sustained injuries in her ear when some persons summoned at the police station in connection with a complaint involving alleged abduction of a minor girl for marrying her off with a youth from Meera Road, attacked her and her colleagues in the wee hours, police said.
At least two women police personnel and their male colleagues were also roughed up by the mob, they said.
Muthe was wounded in her ear and was rushed to a local hospital soon after the incident.
According to police, the officer was quizzing some of the members in connection with the complaint when she was attacked by them.
Police have arrested seven persons, including three women. All are residents of Mira Road. They were booked under various sections of the IPC including sections 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption