Seven held for attacking woman police officer
Thane: Seven persons were on Monday arrested for allegedly beating up a woman police officer at Virar police station in the district.
Assistant Police Inspector P B Muthe sustained injuries in her ear when some persons summoned at the police station in connection with a complaint involving alleged abduction of a minor girl for marrying her off with a youth from Meera Road, attacked her and her colleagues in the wee hours, police said.
At least two women police personnel and their male colleagues were also roughed up by the mob, they said.
Muthe was wounded in her ear and was rushed to a local hospital soon after the incident.
According to police, the officer was quizzing some of the members in connection with the complaint when she was attacked by them.
Police have arrested seven persons, including three women. All are residents of Mira Road. They were booked under various sections of the IPC including sections 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai