Seven of family charred to death in fire
Amravati: Seven members of a family, including two children, were charred to death in a fire at a cloth store in Paratwada town near here in the wee hours on Sunday.
The blaze erupted at the Vrindavan cloth store, run by three Gotwal brothers, on Shriniwas road at Tilak chowk in Paratwada about 50 kms from here, at around 3.10 AM when the victims were asleep in their home above the shop, police said.
The fire, apparently caused due to a short circuit, later spread to the house, killing seven persons.
As some neighbours noticed the fire, they rushed to douse it and managed to rescue three family members.
An MSEB employee snapped the power supply in the area, enabling fire brigade officials to douse the flames. However, by the time the fire was extinguished, seven people succumbed to their burns.
The bodies were taken to sub-district hospital where the postmortem was conducted in the morning.
The deceased were identified as - Prerna Anand Gotwal (25), Sheetal Arvind Gotwal (28), Ravi Gotwal (30), Vimala Ramesh Gotwal (60), Poonam Gotwal (30) and two children - Ved Anand Gotwal (4) and Vedika Anand Gotwal (6 months).
The three brothers, who ran the shop sustained injuries in the mishap and were admitted to hospital, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what