Seven of family charred to death in fire
Amravati: Seven members of a family, including two children, were charred to death in a fire at a cloth store in Paratwada town near here in the wee hours on Sunday.
The blaze erupted at the Vrindavan cloth store, run by three Gotwal brothers, on Shriniwas road at Tilak chowk in Paratwada about 50 kms from here, at around 3.10 AM when the victims were asleep in their home above the shop, police said.
The fire, apparently caused due to a short circuit, later spread to the house, killing seven persons.
As some neighbours noticed the fire, they rushed to douse it and managed to rescue three family members.
An MSEB employee snapped the power supply in the area, enabling fire brigade officials to douse the flames. However, by the time the fire was extinguished, seven people succumbed to their burns.
The bodies were taken to sub-district hospital where the postmortem was conducted in the morning.
The deceased were identified as - Prerna Anand Gotwal (25), Sheetal Arvind Gotwal (28), Ravi Gotwal (30), Vimala Ramesh Gotwal (60), Poonam Gotwal (30) and two children - Ved Anand Gotwal (4) and Vedika Anand Gotwal (6 months).
The three brothers, who ran the shop sustained injuries in the mishap and were admitted to hospital, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah