Seventy-year-old man rapes minor in Maharashtra, arrested
Beed: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 70-year-old man in Hingni Budruk village here, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when the girl, playing outside her house in Dharur tehsil, was lured by the accused Damodhar Himtaji Dongare to a nearby farm, where he sexually assaulted her, Police Sub-Inspector RD Panchal said.
The girl`s uncle caught the accused committing the crime in the farm, police said.
Following a complaint by the victim`s grandmother, the accused was arrested and a case was registered against him under section 376 and 504 of IPC as well as section 3, 4, 11, 12 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday