Several building crashes in Mumbai, Thane in recent past
Thane: Even as there have been several building collapses in Mumbai and neighbouring Thane district, the Shilphata building crash in Mumbra township has been the worst and biggest mishap in the recent past as it claimed 74 lives and left more than 60 injured.
The crash of the illegal under-construction seven-storey building in the Lucky compound of Shilphata area at Mumbra in Thane district left dead as many as 28 members of the family of the builder.
Also, as many as 15 people, including several high ranking civic officials, have been arrested in connection with the case, besides the two builders responsible for the construction of the illegal structure.
Before this, a house crash in Bhendi Bazar in Mumbai had claimed 45 persons lives in the recent period.
In 1995, the collapse of an under-construction building in Rashid Compound, again in Mumbra, led to the killing of 29 people, according to official records.
In 2000, the Sairaj in Wagle Estate of Thane crashed killing as many as 17 people.
A four-storey building `Sonubai` crashed on August 17, 2010 in Kalwa area of Thane district in which 10 people lost their lives.
On June 16, 2010, a compound wall of the Dosti housing society in Dyaneshwar Nagar crashed burying alive as many as 8 people.
In August 2010, a wall of Rashid Compound in Sainik Nagar collapsed leading to the death of six people, the records mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users