Several building crashes in Mumbai, Thane in recent past
Thane: Even as there have been several building collapses in Mumbai and neighbouring Thane district, the Shilphata building crash in Mumbra township has been the worst and biggest mishap in the recent past as it claimed 74 lives and left more than 60 injured.
The crash of the illegal under-construction seven-storey building in the Lucky compound of Shilphata area at Mumbra in Thane district left dead as many as 28 members of the family of the builder.
Also, as many as 15 people, including several high ranking civic officials, have been arrested in connection with the case, besides the two builders responsible for the construction of the illegal structure.
Before this, a house crash in Bhendi Bazar in Mumbai had claimed 45 persons lives in the recent period.
In 1995, the collapse of an under-construction building in Rashid Compound, again in Mumbra, led to the killing of 29 people, according to official records.
In 2000, the Sairaj in Wagle Estate of Thane crashed killing as many as 17 people.
A four-storey building `Sonubai` crashed on August 17, 2010 in Kalwa area of Thane district in which 10 people lost their lives.
On June 16, 2010, a compound wall of the Dosti housing society in Dyaneshwar Nagar crashed burying alive as many as 8 people.
In August 2010, a wall of Rashid Compound in Sainik Nagar collapsed leading to the death of six people, the records mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi