Sex determination case: Doctor couple`s bail cancelled
Beed: The bail granted to doctor couple from Parli, Sudam and Sarswati Munde, in an illegal sex determination sting operation case of 2010 has been cancelled by the Ambajogai tehsil court.
The order was given by District and Sessions Judge RA Gaikwad yesterday.
Varsha Deshpande of NGO Lekladki Abhiyan had through a sting operation exposed that sex-determination tests were being conducted at Munde`s hospital in 2010, following which the doctors had been booked under the Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT).
Public Prosecutor Dilip Chaudhari told a news agency that the doctor couple had then given to court in written that they would not conduct such type of medical malpractices. On that basis, the court had granted them bail.
However, the couple again conducted pregnancy termination of 30-year-old sugarcane cutting labourer Vijaymala Mahadev Phatekar, who died on May 18 due to hemorrhagic shock following second trimester abortion and heavy blood flow.
The duo was recently booked under section 304 of IPC after they conducted an abortion of a 30-year-old woman in their hospital, following which she died.
On May 22, Maharashtra Government instituted a CID inquiry into the death of the woman.
District Health Department had filed a petition in Ambajogai court demanding cancellation of bail to the doctor couple on May 22.
Two police team had been constituted for searching the absconding doctor couple. On Friday night, one team came from Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) as they failed to find the accused. Another team is still searching for them, police said, adding that the accused are suspected to be hiding in separate places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof