Sex racket busted in Pune; 12 girls rescued
Pune: A high profile inter-state sex racket was busted by city crime branch in which twelve girls including nine from other countries, were rescued and five alleged procurers arrested, police said Wednesday.
The operation was carried out in an apartment in the plush Koregaon park area on Monday night on a tip-off by a local municipal corporator and with the help of a decoy customer, said Bhanupratap Barge, Inspector, social security cell of Pune police crime branch.
The detained girls, aged between 19 and 25, included one each from Uzbekistan and Nepal and seven from Bangladesh. Three Indian girls included one from Delhi.
Police who suspect involvement of an inter-state racket in the running of the brothel said the Uzbek girl was believed to have been staying in the country for a long time as she spoke fluent Hindi.
A court remanded the five accused, arrested under Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), to police custody till January 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog