Sex racket busted in Pune; 12 girls rescued
Pune: A high profile inter-state sex racket was busted by city crime branch in which twelve girls including nine from other countries, were rescued and five alleged procurers arrested, police said Wednesday.
The operation was carried out in an apartment in the plush Koregaon park area on Monday night on a tip-off by a local municipal corporator and with the help of a decoy customer, said Bhanupratap Barge, Inspector, social security cell of Pune police crime branch.
The detained girls, aged between 19 and 25, included one each from Uzbekistan and Nepal and seven from Bangladesh. Three Indian girls included one from Delhi.
Police who suspect involvement of an inter-state racket in the running of the brothel said the Uzbek girl was believed to have been staying in the country for a long time as she spoke fluent Hindi.
A court remanded the five accused, arrested under Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), to police custody till January 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song