Sexual abuse case: Bombay HC notices to 5 employees of shelter home
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Tuesday issued notices to five employees of a shelter home, who are accused of sexually abusing minor inmates after taking suo moto (on its own) cognisance to quash and set aside a lower court order granting them bail.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice M S Sanklecha had yesterday expressed its displeasure over the lower court granting bail to the accused persons considering the gravity of the case and that the high court has expedited trials in such cases.
The court was hearing a suo moto petition based on news-reports on alleged sexual abuse of 35 minor girls at a Nashik shelter home.
Advocate General Darius Khambata today suggested the bench to take up the matter suo moto.
Agreeing to this the bench issued notices to the five accused and directed for them to be included as respondents in the petition. The matter has been posted for hearing on Thursday.
Khambata informed the court that the charge sheet in the case would be filed within a few weeks and the police was also planning to file an application seeking cancellation of the bail.
He also informed the bench that the public prosecutor appearing in the case before the lower court had opposed the bail plea of the accused stating that they have been charged on serious offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!