Shaikh meets Patil, demands Nitesh Rane`s arrest
Mumbai: Swabhiman Sanghatana`s Chintu Shaikh,
who has accused state minister Narayan Rane`s son Nitesh of
firing at him, today met the Home minister alleging that
police are delaying the probe.
"My wife and I met Home Minister R R Patil who assured
that there would be a breakthrough in the case in a couple
of days," Shaikh, vice-president of transport wing of
Swabhiman Sanghatana, an NGO run Nitesh, son of Maharashtra
Revenue Minister Narayan Rane told PTI.
"I demanded the arrest of Nitesh who fired at me. I
maintained my stand and repeatedly told police that it was
Nitesh who shot at me. But police in the name of investigation
are delaying the matter and are making every attempt to save
Nitesh and no arrest has been made so far," Shaikh said.
Nitesh and his two aides Nitin Vardhanarayan and Zaheed
Shaikh have been charged with attempt to murder last week
after Shaikh complained to police accusing the politician`s
son of firing at him, injuring him on his cheek at the NGO`s
Khar office, police said.
According to police, Shaikh admitted himself in
Hiranandani Hospital, a private hospital in Powai, where the
medical report suggested the injury on his cheek in all
`probability` was not caused by a bullet, raising doubts over
Subsequently, Shaikh was admitted to civic run J J
Hospital which was ascertaining the cause of the injury on
his cheek, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference