Shakti Mill Telephone operator gang-rape case arguments conclude
Mumbai: The final arguments in Shakti Mill telephone operator gang-rape case were concluded by the defence on Tuesday, paving the way for pronouncement of judgment by the court.
"The final arguments in the telephone operator gang rape case is over and the court may give a date for pronouncement of judgment," special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told PTI.
Nikam said he is likely to begin final arguments in the Shakti Mill photo-journalist case tomorrow.
Police had arrested Ashfaq Sheikh, Kasim Hafiz Sheikh alias Kasim Bangali, Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav and a minor in connection with the gang rape of a 18-year-old operator on July 31, 2013.
On October 8, police filed a 362-page chargesheet against four accused in connection with the gang rape whereas the minor`s case was separated.
In another case, a photo journalist, interning with an English magazine here, was gang raped by five persons, including a juvenile, when she had gone to the deserted mill compound along with her male colleague on an assignment.
The accused - Vijay Jadhav, Kasim Bengali, Salim Ansari and Siraj Rehman - have been charged with rape, conspiracy, common intention, unnatural sex and charges under Information Technology Act, whereas the juvenile is being tried separately.
On September 19, the Mumbai crime branch had filed a 600-page charge sheet against the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof