Shakti Mill Telephone operator gang-rape case arguments conclude
Mumbai: The final arguments in Shakti Mill telephone operator gang-rape case were concluded by the defence on Tuesday, paving the way for pronouncement of judgment by the court.
"The final arguments in the telephone operator gang rape case is over and the court may give a date for pronouncement of judgment," special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told PTI.
Nikam said he is likely to begin final arguments in the Shakti Mill photo-journalist case tomorrow.
Police had arrested Ashfaq Sheikh, Kasim Hafiz Sheikh alias Kasim Bangali, Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav and a minor in connection with the gang rape of a 18-year-old operator on July 31, 2013.
On October 8, police filed a 362-page chargesheet against four accused in connection with the gang rape whereas the minor`s case was separated.
In another case, a photo journalist, interning with an English magazine here, was gang raped by five persons, including a juvenile, when she had gone to the deserted mill compound along with her male colleague on an assignment.
The accused - Vijay Jadhav, Kasim Bengali, Salim Ansari and Siraj Rehman - have been charged with rape, conspiracy, common intention, unnatural sex and charges under Information Technology Act, whereas the juvenile is being tried separately.
On September 19, the Mumbai crime branch had filed a 600-page charge sheet against the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!