Shakti Mills gang-rape cases: Two juveniles convicted
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Two minors arrested in connection with the gang-rape of a telephone operator and a photojournalist in the Shakti Mills Complex last year were convicted by the Mumbai Juvenile Justice Board on Tuesday.
Earlier this year, a court had sentenced to death three people, convicted of repeat offences of gang-raping the telephone operator and the photojournalist in the Shakti Mills Complex here last year.
The Mumbai court had ordered the death sentence for the trio - Vijay Jadhav (18), Qasim Hafiz Sheikh, alias Qasim Bengali (20) and Salim Ansari (27).
The three men were found guilty and convicted for the gang-rape, wrongful restraint, criminal intimidation, conspiracy, common intent, unnatural sex, and sections of the Information Technology Act as the attackers had also made a video clip of the attack.
On July 31, and later on August 22 last year, an 18-year-old tele-operator and a 23-year-old photojournalist were gang-raped at the desolate mill compound in Lower Parel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living