Sharad Pawar briefly admitted to hospital
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar was Thursday briefly admitted to the Bombay Hospital here following high blood pressure.
The 72-year-old NCP leader was taken to hospital following high blood pressure, party spokesperson Nawab Malik said, adding that Pawar was on his way to attend Rashtrawadi Yuvati Congress programme at YB Chavan Centre.
He was later discharged.
Party sources said the leader underwent a routine check-up and that there was "nothing to worry and he is absolutely fine."
After being discharged, the Union minister headed for the Rashtrawadi Yuvati programme.
Pawar was accompanied by his wife Pratibha Pawar to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday