Sharad Pawar briefly admitted to hospital
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar was Thursday briefly admitted to the Bombay Hospital here following high blood pressure.
The 72-year-old NCP leader was taken to hospital following high blood pressure, party spokesperson Nawab Malik said, adding that Pawar was on his way to attend Rashtrawadi Yuvati Congress programme at YB Chavan Centre.
He was later discharged.
Party sources said the leader underwent a routine check-up and that there was "nothing to worry and he is absolutely fine."
After being discharged, the Union minister headed for the Rashtrawadi Yuvati programme.
Pawar was accompanied by his wife Pratibha Pawar to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details