Sharad Pawar briefly admitted to hospital
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar was Thursday briefly admitted to the Bombay Hospital here following high blood pressure.
The 72-year-old NCP leader was taken to hospital following high blood pressure, party spokesperson Nawab Malik said, adding that Pawar was on his way to attend Rashtrawadi Yuvati Congress programme at YB Chavan Centre.
He was later discharged.
Party sources said the leader underwent a routine check-up and that there was "nothing to worry and he is absolutely fine."
After being discharged, the Union minister headed for the Rashtrawadi Yuvati programme.
Pawar was accompanied by his wife Pratibha Pawar to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert