Sharad Pawar meets Maha NCP leaders on candidates for LS polls
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Tuesday concluded discussions with party brass in Maharashtra to finalise the list of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections.
Discussions were also held on finalising the second candidate for the biennial Rajya Sabha election.
The NCP chief will file his nomination papers on January 24.
Party sources said the NCP will contest on 22 Lok Sabha seats and the Union Agriculture Minister has met senior party leaders, office-bearers and prospective candidates from all the constituencies to finalise the list of candidates.
"Today, Pawar held deliberations for Beed, Shirur, Maadha, Dindori and Buldhana Parliamentary seats. Discussions were constituency wise," they said.
The list of candidates will be announced after completion of the seat-sharing talks with Congress, state party unit`s working president Jitendra Awhad told reporters after the meeting.
The second candidate for Rajya Sabha will be announced by the central parliamentary board of the party in Delhi tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?