Sharad Pawar meets Maha NCP leaders on candidates for LS polls
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Tuesday concluded discussions with party brass in Maharashtra to finalise the list of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections.
Discussions were also held on finalising the second candidate for the biennial Rajya Sabha election.
The NCP chief will file his nomination papers on January 24.
Party sources said the NCP will contest on 22 Lok Sabha seats and the Union Agriculture Minister has met senior party leaders, office-bearers and prospective candidates from all the constituencies to finalise the list of candidates.
"Today, Pawar held deliberations for Beed, Shirur, Maadha, Dindori and Buldhana Parliamentary seats. Discussions were constituency wise," they said.
The list of candidates will be announced after completion of the seat-sharing talks with Congress, state party unit`s working president Jitendra Awhad told reporters after the meeting.
The second candidate for Rajya Sabha will be announced by the central parliamentary board of the party in Delhi tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II