Sharad Pawar shown black flags
Mumbai: Union Agricultural Minister Sharad Pawar’s visit to Shrirampur village in Ahmednagar district on Sunday was marred by protest from onion and sugarcane farmers.
Demanding an increase in minimum support prices, the farmers waved black flags during Pawar’s visit as a mark of protest.
The NCP chief has often been criticised for the rising food prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore