Sharad Pawar shown black flags
Mumbai: Union Agricultural Minister Sharad Pawar’s visit to Shrirampur village in Ahmednagar district on Sunday was marred by protest from onion and sugarcane farmers.
Demanding an increase in minimum support prices, the farmers waved black flags during Pawar’s visit as a mark of protest.
The NCP chief has often been criticised for the rising food prices.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary