Sharad Pawar to spell out NCP roadmap ahead of Maharashtra polls at meeting
Mumbai: NCP, an alliance partner of Congress in the Democratic Front government of Maharashtra, will sound the bugle for upcoming Assembly elections at a meeting to be addressed by party president Sharad Pawar on Sunday.
"Pawar will address party workers tomorrow and spell out the party`s roadmap in the wake of the crushing defeat of the Congress-NCP coalition in the just-concluded Lok Sabha polls," said NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik.
NCP will celebrate its 15th anniversary on June 10.
In its worst-ever defeat, the Sharad Pawar-led party was reduced to just four seats in general elections while its ally Congress managed to win only two seats.
The NDA alliance won 42 out of 48 seats in the state.
Meanwhile, NCP Working President and Medical Education Minister Jitendra Awhad said today that "there is a growing demand in his party that its president Sharad Pawar takes on the leadership mantle in the state to bail it out of the difficult period".
Assembly elections are due later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack