Sharad Pawar to spell out NCP roadmap ahead of Maharashtra polls at meeting
Mumbai: NCP, an alliance partner of Congress in the Democratic Front government of Maharashtra, will sound the bugle for upcoming Assembly elections at a meeting to be addressed by party president Sharad Pawar on Sunday.
"Pawar will address party workers tomorrow and spell out the party`s roadmap in the wake of the crushing defeat of the Congress-NCP coalition in the just-concluded Lok Sabha polls," said NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik.
NCP will celebrate its 15th anniversary on June 10.
In its worst-ever defeat, the Sharad Pawar-led party was reduced to just four seats in general elections while its ally Congress managed to win only two seats.
The NDA alliance won 42 out of 48 seats in the state.
Meanwhile, NCP Working President and Medical Education Minister Jitendra Awhad said today that "there is a growing demand in his party that its president Sharad Pawar takes on the leadership mantle in the state to bail it out of the difficult period".
Assembly elections are due later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city