Sharad Pawar to spell out NCP roadmap ahead of Maharashtra polls at meeting
Mumbai: NCP, an alliance partner of Congress in the Democratic Front government of Maharashtra, will sound the bugle for upcoming Assembly elections at a meeting to be addressed by party president Sharad Pawar on Sunday.
"Pawar will address party workers tomorrow and spell out the party`s roadmap in the wake of the crushing defeat of the Congress-NCP coalition in the just-concluded Lok Sabha polls," said NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik.
NCP will celebrate its 15th anniversary on June 10.
In its worst-ever defeat, the Sharad Pawar-led party was reduced to just four seats in general elections while its ally Congress managed to win only two seats.
The NDA alliance won 42 out of 48 seats in the state.
Meanwhile, NCP Working President and Medical Education Minister Jitendra Awhad said today that "there is a growing demand in his party that its president Sharad Pawar takes on the leadership mantle in the state to bail it out of the difficult period".
Assembly elections are due later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok