Sharad Pawar won`t merge NCP with Congress before elections: Munde
Beed: Claiming that Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar won`t merge his party with Congress at least before the Lok Sabha elections, BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Sunday ruled out the BJP-Shiv Sena-RPI led `Maha-yuti` (mega-alliance) having any "understanding" with NCP.
"NCP is not even a state-level party but a divisional level outfit having presence only in western Maharashtra," Munde said, speaking to reporters ahead of a rally by top opposition leaders here this evening.
"We (opposition) are not willing to take Pawar into our fold. So that leaves Pawar no other option but to go with Congress," Munde said.
"The opposition alliance is united and our only objective is to dislodge the Congress-NCP government," Munde said.
After RPI leader Ramdas Athawale takes oath as Rajya Sabha member, his party will join NDA and he would be invited for all meetings of the BJP-led front at Centre, Munde said.
Similarly, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana, led by Lok Sabha member Raju Shetty, will also be a part of NDA soon, the senior BJP leader said
To a query on police booking Athawale over Indu mill violence, Munde said, "This is an attempt to silence the voice of opposition. We won`t be cowed down by such tactics."
On reports of differences among the alliance partners over Madha Lok Sabha seat (where Pawar won in 2009), Munde said the issue would be sorted out amicably.
"The Mahayuti`s seat distribution will be finalised by this month-end," he said.
Rashtriya Samaj Party leader Mahadeo Jankar, a part of the Mahayuti, said he wanted to contest from Madha, but "some people in the alliance have hatched a conspiracy against me". "However, I joined the alliance because of my faith in Munde and will abide by whatever he says," Jankar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’