Sharad Pawar`s remarks about Chavan were misinterpreted: NCP
Mumbai: Smarting under the riposte by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to Sharad Pawar`s dig at his allegedly indecisive style of functioning, NCP on Thursday said Pawar`s remarks were misinterpreted.
"As Pawar speaks in English with majority of people in Delhi, his statement (in Marathi) was misinterpreted," party spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters here.
Pawar criticised the functioning of the state government because the process of decision-making had slowed down, Malik said.
"Decision-making should be expedited. If the Chief Minister says he does not give priority to those which do not fit the norms, then he should reject (outright) such files," Malik said.
He attributed the latest transfers of IAS officers in the state to the critical remarks made by Pawar. The transfers were pending for last 4-5 months, he added.
On Chavan`s statement that he would respond (to Pawar) at "an appropriate time and place", Malik said, "It is up to him (Chavan) to decide the time, after consulting an appropriate watch."
The NCP leader alleged that around 1,400 files were pending with the Chief Minister`s office.
"The Chief Minister`s office says they have cleared 25,000 files, while 15,000 are pending with the sub-committees and are yet to come before the state cabinet," he said.
On Tuesday, without naming anyone, Pawar had said that those in power in Maharashtra seemed to be suffering from "paralysis" when it came to clearance of files.
Chavan later said that only when the project was outside the legal framework, or where special concessions were being sought, the decisions were delayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok