Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's driver spills the beans
When questioned by the police, Indrani Mukherjea's driver on Thursday revealed how Sheena Bora's murder was planned and executed.
Mumbai: When questioned by the police, Indrani Mukherjea's driver on Thursday revealed how Sheena Bora's murder was planned and executed.
As per a report in CNN-IBN, Indrani went with the driver to Gagode village near Khopli Pen road in Mumbai to see the place as she planned to dump Sheena's body there after murdering.
The driver apparently had the following to say:
- Indrani called her former husband Sanjeev Khanna.
- On April 24, she booked a room at Worli hill top hotel in Mumbai.
- Sanjeev arrived from Kolkata on his ex-wife's call.
- Indrani and Sanjeev picked up Sheena in the evening from near National College at Linking Road in Bandra.
- Sheena was allegedly strangulated inside the car by Indrani and Sanjeev.
- Sheena's body was dumped inside a bag and put in back of the car.
- After this the body was burnt on April 25.
- Then Sanjeev returned to Kolkata.
Indrani Mukherjea, wife of former Star CEO, Peter Mukherjea, was arrested in Mumbai on Tuesday over charges of murdering her daughter.
Meanwhile, fresh murky details emerged in the sensational Sheen murder case as Mumbai's top cop Rakesh Maria today grilled her mother and main suspect Indrani, her driver and step son Rahul Mukherjea while her son Mikhail was questioned in Guwahati and her former husband Sanjeev Khanna in Kolkata.
Khanna, who had divorced Indrani, is believed to have told the Mumbai police in Kolkata that he was in the car in which Sheena was allegedly strangulated but claims to have had no role in the crime, as per PTI.
This apparently contradicted the arrested driver's claim before police that Indrani and Khanna had strangulated Sheena in the car after giving her a spiked drink in a hotel room in Mumbai.
Then the body was taken to Pen in Raigad taluk where it was burnt with petrol.
Khanna had reportedly come to Mumbai on April 23, 2012, a day before the murder and took a flight back to Kolkata on February 25, according to police sources.
On the other hand, Mukherjea, who yesterday claimed that he knew Sheena only as his wife's sister, today detracted, saying Sheena had told him some time back that she was Indrani's daughter.
When he confonted Indrani with what Sheena had told him, she dubbed it as "utter rubbish", he told a news channel
(With PTI inputs)