Mumbai: A Mumbai Metropolitan court on Monday extended till September 5 the police custody of all three arrested accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, including that of her mother Indrani Mukerjea, to enable investigators dig deeper into the sordid saga.
Before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate S M Chandgade extended the remand of the accused - Indrani, wife of former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai - police slapped the additional charge of attempt to murder for allegedly plotting to kill Sheena's brother Mikhail.
All three were produced before the metropolitan court shortly before 3 PM amid tight security, as per PTI.
Following are the big questions that the Mumbai Police are faced with:
- To recover Sanjeev Khanna's passport.
- Whether some more people outside Maharashtra might be involved in the murder.
- To establish the financial trail in the sensational case.
- To trace Sheena's mobile and clothes. The police have said that communication between Khanna and Indrani was through online means.
- Facial reconstruction of Sheena Bora.
- To establish whether the suitcase that was found from Indrani and her husband Peter Mukerjea's home was meant to be used to stuff Mikhail into it after killing him.
- To see what the report of the blood and hair samples of Indrani and Mikhail Bora establishes. They have been collected and sent to the Kalina-based Forensic Science Laboratory.
- To interrogate Indrani and Sanjeev further and get a confession from them if possible. During sustained interrogation, Indrani and Sanjeev have blamed each other for the crime. Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria himself is leading the questioning.
(With Agency inputs)