Shilphata accused judicial custody extended till July 12
Thane: The judicial custody of all the 20 accused arrested in connection with the Shilphata (Mumbra) building crash was on Friday extended to July 12 by a local court.
All the accused including two builders, deputy municipal commissioners, engineers and a corporator were present in the court of Additional Sessions Judge P H Mali today who extended their custody by another 14 days.
Later, the judge ordered that copies of the charge sheet be given to the accused.
The nearly 3000-page charge sheet carries statements of more than 450 persons that were recorded besides reports of various agencies.
Meanwhile, the police are planning to approach the District Court with a request to fast track the trial.
Engineer Ramesh Inamdar, an accused, today moved an application seeking permission to use mobile phone in the jail to communicate with relatives but the court did not pass an order on it.
The Shilphata building, the top floors of which were under construction, collapsed on April 4, killing 74 people.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics
- Heat wave in India: Useful tips and safety guidelines!