Shilphata accused judicial custody extended till July 12
Thane: The judicial custody of all the 20 accused arrested in connection with the Shilphata (Mumbra) building crash was on Friday extended to July 12 by a local court.
All the accused including two builders, deputy municipal commissioners, engineers and a corporator were present in the court of Additional Sessions Judge P H Mali today who extended their custody by another 14 days.
Later, the judge ordered that copies of the charge sheet be given to the accused.
The nearly 3000-page charge sheet carries statements of more than 450 persons that were recorded besides reports of various agencies.
Meanwhile, the police are planning to approach the District Court with a request to fast track the trial.
Engineer Ramesh Inamdar, an accused, today moved an application seeking permission to use mobile phone in the jail to communicate with relatives but the court did not pass an order on it.
The Shilphata building, the top floors of which were under construction, collapsed on April 4, killing 74 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3