Shilphata accused judicial custody extended till July 12
Thane: The judicial custody of all the 20 accused arrested in connection with the Shilphata (Mumbra) building crash was on Friday extended to July 12 by a local court.
All the accused including two builders, deputy municipal commissioners, engineers and a corporator were present in the court of Additional Sessions Judge P H Mali today who extended their custody by another 14 days.
Later, the judge ordered that copies of the charge sheet be given to the accused.
The nearly 3000-page charge sheet carries statements of more than 450 persons that were recorded besides reports of various agencies.
Meanwhile, the police are planning to approach the District Court with a request to fast track the trial.
Engineer Ramesh Inamdar, an accused, today moved an application seeking permission to use mobile phone in the jail to communicate with relatives but the court did not pass an order on it.
The Shilphata building, the top floors of which were under construction, collapsed on April 4, killing 74 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH