Shirdi Sai Baba Trust to auction Rs 5 crore precious articles
Shirdi (Maha): Articles made of gold, silver and diamonds worth Rs five crore, offered by devotees at the Sai Baba shrine here, would be auctioned in three phases starting October 18, a shrine official said on Tuesday.
The first auction, to be held on October 18, would put up silver articles for bidding such as crowns, coins, glasses and garlands collectively weighing 22 kgs, Executive Officer of the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust, Kishore More, told reporters.
The second auction of gold articles would be conducted on November 1. The articles, totalling 32, would include crowns, garlands, rudraksha garlands, necklaces and bangles.
The third auction would be of diamonds and precious metals valued at Rs two crore.
It would include 52 articles such as yellow sapphire, blue sapphire and diamond stones. The main attraction would be that of a locket studded with two big diamonds valued at Rs 1.17 crore, More said.
All the details about the auction, which is being held after three years, would be posted on the website of the Sansthan -- www.Shrisaibabasansthan.Org --- he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3