Shirdi Sai Baba Trust to auction Rs 5 crore precious articles
Shirdi (Maha): Articles made of gold, silver and diamonds worth Rs five crore, offered by devotees at the Sai Baba shrine here, would be auctioned in three phases starting October 18, a shrine official said on Tuesday.
The first auction, to be held on October 18, would put up silver articles for bidding such as crowns, coins, glasses and garlands collectively weighing 22 kgs, Executive Officer of the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust, Kishore More, told reporters.
The second auction of gold articles would be conducted on November 1. The articles, totalling 32, would include crowns, garlands, rudraksha garlands, necklaces and bangles.
The third auction would be of diamonds and precious metals valued at Rs two crore.
It would include 52 articles such as yellow sapphire, blue sapphire and diamond stones. The main attraction would be that of a locket studded with two big diamonds valued at Rs 1.17 crore, More said.
All the details about the auction, which is being held after three years, would be posted on the website of the Sansthan -- www.Shrisaibabasansthan.Org --- he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security