Shirdi Sai Baba Trust to auction Rs 5 crore precious articles
Shirdi (Maha): Articles made of gold, silver and diamonds worth Rs five crore, offered by devotees at the Sai Baba shrine here, would be auctioned in three phases starting October 18, a shrine official said on Tuesday.
The first auction, to be held on October 18, would put up silver articles for bidding such as crowns, coins, glasses and garlands collectively weighing 22 kgs, Executive Officer of the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust, Kishore More, told reporters.
The second auction of gold articles would be conducted on November 1. The articles, totalling 32, would include crowns, garlands, rudraksha garlands, necklaces and bangles.
The third auction would be of diamonds and precious metals valued at Rs two crore.
It would include 52 articles such as yellow sapphire, blue sapphire and diamond stones. The main attraction would be that of a locket studded with two big diamonds valued at Rs 1.17 crore, More said.
All the details about the auction, which is being held after three years, would be posted on the website of the Sansthan -- www.Shrisaibabasansthan.Org --- he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi